Understand essential human resources concepts and theories and analyze contemporary issues in the management of human capital.
In this business and management course, we will analyze contemporary issues in the management of human capital in the hotel and tourism industry, within both macro- and micro-perspectives.
You will learn how organizational culture impacts human capital, how to effectively staff your team, leadership skills and how to manage employee motivation. We will also discuss how different cultures approach human resource management (HRM).
Note that this course is priced at USD $150.
What will you learn
- Evaluate and discuss the knowledge and theories of managing human resources applicable to the hotel and tourism industry
- Appraise and analyze human resources functions and employee motivation in the context of the hotel and tourism environment
- Evaluate the impacts and factors that affect the development of organizational culture
- Assess the relationship between the hotel and tourism industry and their society; and evaluate the impacts of social, economical, and cultural factors on managing human resources
- Analyze and evaluate HR research journals to identify applicable methodologies
- Identify human resources problems within the hotel and tourism context, and apply research skills and techniques to solve these problems
- Analyze and appraise related numerical and graphical data regarding managing human resources, and develop solutions for industry practitioners.