Gain valuable insights from your IoT data to help your business succeed.
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in IoT.
Are you ready to help your business begin realizing the business benefits promised by the Internet of Things revolution? Do you want to discover the hidden insights waiting in your business data?
In this course, you will learn how to make the most of your live-stream and historical telemetry data that is being produced by the IoT devices and sensors that support your business.
What will you learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe typical telemetry data produced by Azure IoT devices
- Explain various strategies for analyzing IoT data
- Explain the differences between warm and cold storage and how each technology is best used
- Describe how Azure Data Lake can be used for cold storage
- Explain the process for processing IoT data with IoT Hub, Data Lake Analytics, and Data Lake Storage
- Understand strategies for querying and analyzing Azure Data Lake data sets
- Identify the benefits of warm storage
- Identify operational vs. archive data sets from IoT
- Provision and configure Azure Cosmos DB
- Integrate Azure Cosmos DB with Azure Stream Analytics
- Write IoT data into Cosmos DB as Warm Storage
- Query Cosmos DB for IoT data
- Explain the role of IoT Edge devices in analyzing and acting on telemetry data
- Describe use cases for running analytics on edge devices
- Modify web-based stream analytics jobs for edge deployment
- Deploy analytics jobs onto edge devices
- Deploy other analytics code onto edge devices
- Combine streaming data with reference data in queries
- Write queries with different types of time windows
- Chain together streaming analytics jobs, to allow more sophisticated inputs and outputs
- Combine warm and cold storage strategies with edge analytics and strategies to quickly react to telemetry data
- Describe options for performing device management tasks, based on real-time data