Learn the basics of computer devices, components, storage, displays, and connection interfaces.
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in IT Support.
IT Support: Hardware Essentials is designed to introduce students to a basic understanding of the different types of computing devices (desktop computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc.), computer components (CPU, memory, power supplies, etc.) as well as peripheral devices, storage devices, displays and connection interfaces.
This course also includes an introduction to basic hardware troubleshooting skills.
What will you learn
- Describe computing devices
- Understand PC and laptop hardware components
- Troubleshoot common hardware issues
- Explore mobile and connected devices
- Troubleshoot common mobile device and connected device issues