What will it take to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030?
In this course, learn all about the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In September 2015, the world’s leaders signed on to this new agenda, answering the call for a global vision of important social, economic and environmental needs to support the planet and its people in long-term prosperity and survival. The goals include a set of key areas of focus, as well as detailed targets to put our planet on track for this continuing sustainability through 2030 and beyond.
Sustainable development is not just a problem for future generations. It is a shared global responsibility now and forevermore to be thoughtful stewards of our entire world – from developed countries to developing countries, from high-level policymakers to individuals.
This course is for:
- Anyone new to the concept of the Sustainable Development Goals who wants to understand what they are, why they’re important and how to achieve them
- Graduate students and advanced undergraduate students interested in the key concepts and practices of sustainability
- Policymakers and sustainable development practitioners looking for a concise overview of the goals and their targets
- Private-sector actors, such as those who work in corporate sustainability and responsibility or at universities – who want their work to be more sustainable and align with global progress
What will you learn
- What are the Sustainable Development Goals?
- How modern advancements and connectivity can help us achieve the goals
- The importance of sustainable development
- Why you should care about the Sustainable Development Goals – as a corporation, as a university, as an individual