Become a MongoDB Certified DBA, Associate Level.
The MongoDB Certified DBA Associate Level Exam is intended for individuals with knowledge of the fundamental concepts and mechanics of MongoDB. We recommend this certification for operations professionals that know the basics, even if they have not yet had substantial professional experience administering MongoDB. The knowledge and skills required for certification are detailed below.
This exam tests knowledge of MongoDB 2.6.
Philosophy & Features: performance, JSON, BSON, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, horizontal scaling, and the Mongo shell
- Create, Read, Update, and Delete (CRUD) operations
Indexing: single key, compound, multi-key, mechanics, and performance
Aggregation: pipeline, operators, memory usage, sort, skip, and limit
Replication: configuration, oplog concepts, write concern, elections, failover, and deployment to multiple data centers
Sharding: components, when to shard, balancing, shard keys, and hashed shard keys
Application Administration: data files, journaling, authentication, and authorization
Server Administration: performance analysis, diagnostics and debugging, maintenance, backup, and recovery
General IT Knowledge
- Fundamental database concepts
- Fundamentals of system programming
Free online courses from MongoDB University
In-person training from MongoDB University
MongoDB: The Definitive Guide by Kristina Chodorow
- MongoDB Documentation
- MongoDB Presentations
- There are no prerequisites. Anyone may take the exam.
- We recommend completing M102 and familiarity with the other resources listed above.
- You may complete the exam at any time, day or night between the start and end dates.
- Test takers have 90 minutes to complete an exam.
- All questions are weighted equally. There is no penalty for incorrect answers.
- Exam scores are based on the number of correct answers with an adjustment made for the overall difficulty of the exam as determined by the data and expert assessment.
- Exam question types are multiple choice and check all that apply.
- Please perform a system check before taking the exam. The system check includes a brief example exam as the final step.
- Exam results will be available 2-3 weeks following the close of the exam period. We need time to review any questions raised by the proctors and calculate exam results.
To be certified upon passing an exam, test takers must observe the rules below. Video, audio, and computer screen activity will be captured during the exam session and reviewed by exam auditors.
- During the authentication process, test takers must provide the following when prompted:
- A clear photograph of their face
- A government-issued photo ID such as a drivers license or passport
- A video scan of the testing environment
- Test takers must be alone in a quiet environment for the duration of the exam. Conversation with anyone else is not permitted.
- No headphones, radios, televisions, or other computer screens may be used for the duration of the exam.
- Test takers are permitted to view only the exam. No reference materials, resources, or software other than the exam software may be used.